Davide Colacino specializes in arbitration and litigation in commercial and business disputes. He has acted as arbitrator, counsel and secretary of arbitral tribunals in numerous institutional (ICC, Swiss Arbitration Centre, CAS and DIFC-LCIA) and ad hoc arbitrations. His practice focuses, in particular, on construction disputes, international commercial law and post-M&A disputes.
Moreover, he regularly represents clients in debt enforcement and bankruptcy proceedings, recognition and enforcement proceedings, and setting aside proceedings against arbitral awards before the Swiss Federal Supreme Court. Another focus of his practice is the representation of parties in white-collar criminal proceedings.
Davide Colacino is a member of various professional organizations (AIA-ArbIt-40, ASA, ASA below 40, DIS40, ICC YAF, Young ICCA, YConstruction) and the coordinator of the Swiss chapter of AIA-ArbIT-40 (the Italian under 40 Arbitration Group).
Arbitration | Litigation | Alternative Dispute Resolution | Debt Enforcement and Bankruptcy Law | White-Collar Crime | Commercial Law | Contracts | Construction | Sports Law
- Since 2022: Attorney at Law with Lustenberger + Partners, Zurich
- 2017–2021: Attorney at Law with MLL Meyerlustenberger Lachenal Froriep Ltd., Zurich
- 2015–2017: Research assistant at the chair of Prof. Dr. Daniel Girsberger, University of Lucerne
- 2013–2014: Legal trainee with Walder Wyss Ltd., Zurich
- 2012–2013: Legal trainee with the district court of Baden
- 2011: Legal advisor with Maag Pump Systems Ltd. (group-compliance), Oberglatt
- Italian under 40 Arbitration Group (AIA-ArbIt-40)
- Swiss Arbitration Association (ASA) und ASA below 40
- German Arbitration Institute for Young Arbitration Practitioners (DIS40)
- International Chamber of Commerce Young Arbitrators Forum (ICC YAF)
- Young International Construction Practitioners (YConstruction)
- Young International Council for Commercial Arbitration (Young ICCA)
- Zurich and Swiss Bar Association (ZBA/SBA)
- 2014: Admitted to the bar of the canton of Aargau, admitted to practice in all Swiss courts
- 2012: MLaw, University of Zurich (summa cum laude)
- 2011: LL.M., Maastricht University (top 3%)
- 2009: BLaw, University of Zurich
- Counsel to a major European chemical company in a Zurich-based ICC arbitration relating to a joint venture in the chemical sector in the Middle East (Swiss law; English language).
- Counsel to a major Italian general contractor in a Zurich-based ICC arbitration relating to the construction of a plant in the Middle East. (Swiss law; English language)
- Sole arbitrator in a Zurich-based ICC arbitration relating to the supply of pumps (Chinese law; English language).
- Counsel to a football player in a sports-related dispute against his former agent concerning a transfer of the player to a football club (successful appeal against a CAS award before the Swiss Federal Supreme Court based on jurisdictional grounds) (Swiss law; German language).
- Counsel to a major US pharmaceutical company in proceedings before the district court of Basel-Land (Switzerland) relating to a contractual dispute (Swiss law; German language).
- Moderation of the panel discussion on "Corporate Law Claims in Arbitration" (AIA Swiss Section, Zurich, 26 April 2022)
- "How to deal with fabricated and illegally obtained evidence" (ASA below 40, Zurich, 22 October 2021)
- Moderation of the Arbitration Forum of the ASA Group Zurich (ASA Group Zurich, Zurich, 31. August 2021)
- "Construction arbitration: an introduction" (ELSA Switzerland, Webinar Academy on Arbitration, Zurich, 18 July 2021)