Peter Jüstel has extensive experience as counsel to Swiss and foreign companies for a broad range of commercial and financial markets issues. He represents parties before courts and regulatory authorities including in relation to FINMA enforcement and other proceedings, and advises on anti-money laundering (AML), cryptocurrencies and blockchain, investments funds and collective investment schemes. Peter Jüstel focuses on the financial market and banking sector and is a Board Member and the Secretary of the Switzerland Chapter of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners.
Financial Markets | Capital Markets | Banking and Finance Law | Collective Investment Schemes | White-Collar Crime and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) | Corporate Law | Contract Law
- Since 2002: Partner at Lustenberger + Partners
- 2009/2010: Member of the Group of Experts appointed by the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority (FINMA) for the unification of the three Money Laundering Ordinances issued by the FINMA ("Arbeitsgruppe Fusionsprojekt GwV-FINMA“)
- 2001/2002: Member of the Group of Experts appointed by the Swiss Federal Banking Commission (SFBC) for the amendment of the Money Laundering Prevention Guidelines issued by the SFBC ("Arbeitsgruppe zur Überprüfung der Geldwäschereirichtlinien der EBK und der Sorgfaltspflichtsvereinbarung (VSB 98)“, "AG KYC“)
- 1998–2002: Associate at Lustenberger + Partners
- 1996–1997: Trainee at Lustenberger + Partners
- Zurich and Swiss Bar Associations (ZBA/SBA)
- European Bar Association (DACH)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners – Switzerland Chapter (ACFE Switzerland) – Secretary
- Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS)
- Professional Groups Corporate Law and Compliance & Investigations ZBA
- 2003 : Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
- 2002 : Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- 1998 : Zurich Bar, admitted to all Swiss courts
- 1996 : lic. iur., University of Zurich
- Representation of the CEO of a Swiss financial intermediary in enforcement procedure at Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority FINMA.
- Preparation and submission of application for distribution of foreign collective investment scheme to the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority FINMA.
- Set-up of compliance procedures (AML, FinSA, FinIA etc.) for Swiss financial intermediary.
- Commentary on Switzerland, in: Joseph T. Wells (ed.), International Fraud Handbook, Wiley 2018, p. 365 ss. (co-author)